Facts and Figures
St. Joseph Hospital is located at:
1100 W. Stewart Dr., Orange, CA 92868
President and Chief Executive Officer: Steven C. Moreau
Chief of Staff: Paul Beck, M.D.
Mission, Vision and Values
- Our Mission - To extend the healing ministry of Jesus in the tradition of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange by continually improving the health and quality of life of people in the communities we serve.
- Our Vision - We bring people together to provide compassionate care, promote health and improve and create healthy communities.
- Our Values - The four core values of St. Joseph Hospital – Dignity, Service, Excellence and Justice - are the guiding principles for all we do, shaping our interactions with those whom we are privileged to serve.
Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) Statistics (CY 2009 – most current) St. Joseph Hospital ranking:
- First in Orange County and second in the state of California in Emergency Department Visits * (101,945 visits)
- First in Orange County and second in the state for surgical volume (28,027 procedures)
- First in Orange County for cardiac catheterizations (3,221)
- Second in Orange County for the number of deliveries (5,149 live births)
*St. Joseph Hospital and Children's Hospital of Orange County volume combined.
Licensed Beds = 463
Physicians on staff = >1,000
Volunteers = 600
Hospital Volume (FY 2013*) :
Inpatient Discharges: 20,106
Outpatient Visits: 290,357
*Source: St. Joseph Hospital FY13 Focus Report
St. Joseph Hospital is committed to identifying and actively addressing unmet needs in the local communities we serve through charity care and by providing community services for the economically poor and the broader community. Community investment is hardwired into the hospital’s organizational budget and financial planning. The hospital proactively commits a percentage of its annual net income to fund community benefit efforts.
Below are two of the services helping to address unmet healthcare needs in the hospital’s service area. Click here to view St. Joseph Hospital's Community Benefit Plan.
- La Amistad de Jose Family Health Center is a fixed-site health clinic that began operations in 1986. The Center logs approximately 14,000 visits annually, serving economically disadvantaged individuals who do not have healthcare insurance coverage. La Amistad provides low-cost medical and dental services for persons of all ages, along with medications, diagnostic tests and health education to those who would not otherwise have access to these services. The clinic serves a large population of working class men and women who have household annual incomes of $19,596 or less. Located at 353 South Main St. in Orange, the Center's services are available Monday through Friday and one Saturday per month.
- Puente a la Salud Mobile Community Clinics are state-licensed mobile clinics. Implemented in 1996, the mobile clinics meet the need to provide healthcare services to the large population of seasonal and migrant workers and their families. Through the use of four mobile units, Puente a la Salud provides basic medical, dental and vision care including health promotion and prevention, diagnosis and treatment, health education, first aid and child safety. The clinic's services are available Friday through Monday at selected community centers, schools and sites around Orange County. The clinic logs approximately 7,000 medical, dental and vision visits and provides 3,000 education encounters annually.
St. Joseph Hospital is proud of its award-winning Medical Staff. Many of our doctors are nationally known leaders in their clinical fields. Of our nearly 1,000-member Medical Staff, the vast majority of our doctors are board certified, and some are triple board certified. In addition, our doctors represent 74 medical specialties.
The majority of our doctors practice in either an independent office or as part of a medical group. Our doctors also participate in various insurance plans. Two physician networks associated with St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare are St. Joseph Hospital Affiliated Physicians and
St. Joseph Heritage Medical Group.
St. Joseph Health
St. Joseph Hospital in Orange is a member of St. Joseph Health (SJHS). SJHS is an integrated Catholic health care delivery system providing a broad range of medical services. The system consists of 15 acute care hospitals, as well as home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, community clinics, and physician organizations. SJHS is organized into three regions -- Northern California, Southern California, and West Texas/Eastern New Mexico.