2015 St. Joseph Hospital Foundation Scholarship Recipients
Congratulations to the 2015 St. Joseph Hospital Foundation Scholarships recipients!
Sister Frances Dunn Scholarships
Sister Frances Dunn Scholarships Three individuals received Sister Frances Dunn Scholarships this year. Sister Frances Dunn entered the community of the Sisters of St. Joseph in 1931. She served as Chief Administrator of four hospitals, held leadership roles in healthcare organizations, and served a four-year term as General Superior of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange. Sister Frances Dunn is often remembered for her humanity and kindness.
- Megan Crum, RN has been a registered nurse for five years and has been a DSU clinical nurse for the past three years. She is currently enrolled in a Master's program for a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Diana Sanches, RN works in DSU. She is pursuing her Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Esther Teng Chen Tee, RN began working at St. Joseph Hospital in 2010. She currently works in the Cardiac Vascular Operating Room, and is pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
Alice Paone, RN, Nursing Scholarship
There are four recipients of the Alice Paone, RN Nursing Scholarship. Mrs. Alice Paone, RN, dedicated 23 years of her life to the service of the patients and the medical staff of St. Joseph Hospital. Mrs. Paone made many contributions to the growth and development of new hospital services, and to the improvement of the quality of those services.
- Kristina Gadacz, RN has worked at St. Joseph hospital for the past 16 years where she has served in the role of a clinical nurse as well as a relief charge nurse. She is studying for her Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Quynh Nguyen, RN started at St. Joseph Hospital in the phlebotomy program, and eventually transferred as registered nurse in General Surgery. He is working on his Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Maria Ransil, RN is currently the Clinical Coordinator on the Mother Baby Unit. Maria is in a Master's of Nursing program.
- Kim Tran, RN works in the operating room, and is studying for her Nurse Practitioner credential.
Rebecca Visca, RN, BSN, received the
Madeline Colette Seeds, RN Advance Practice Nurse Scholarship. In her eight years of working on 3 South Oncology she has advanced to a Clinical Nurse III, and has one year left before graduating with her Master's Degree as a Family Nurse Practitioner. Madeline Colette Seeds, RN, was a much beloved nurse in St. Joseph Hospital's Blood Donor Center for many years, and this scholarship was established in her memory by her family and friends.
Dominick Gentile, M.D. Renal Center Scholarship
This year there are three recipients of the Dominick Gentile, M.D. Renal Center Scholarship. This scholarship was begun in memory of Dr. Dominick Gentile, who established St. Joseph Hospital's first chronic dialysis program in 1972 and served as an inspiring leader for many years.
- Carol De Mendoza is the Unit Secretary at the Renal Center at Santa Ana, and is studying to become a Registered Nurse.
- Cintia Perez, MSN, CNN is the Clinical Educator for Renal Services, and she is working towards her certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Maria Solis currently works at the Kidney Transplant Center, and is studying to be a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
Larry K. Ainsworth Leadership Scholarship
Elizabeth Miller received the
Larry K. Ainsworth Leadership Scholarship. Beth is a Medical Staff Coordinator II, and is working on a Bachelor's degree in Health Management. The St. Joseph Hospital Medical Staff established this scholarship in honor of Larry K. Ainsworth for his 16 years of leadership of St. Joseph Hospital of Orange, his work with Medical Staff, and his work extending health and wellness to the underserved within the community.