Online Application Process
Applications are only accepted the 1st through 7th of every month, with 24/7 online access. Please note:
Applications submitted after the 7th day of any month will not be accepted or reviewed by our Volunteer Department.
- Applicants will receive an acknowledgment of application submission.
- When matched with an open position based on the applicant's availability, the applicant will be contacted to attend orientation.
Please click here for the online application.
Click here for a list of volunteer positions.
Volunteer Screening Process
- Application: The first step in becoming a volunteer is to complete an online application. Applicants selected from this initial screening will be invited to attend orientation. Selection is made based on open positions and volunteer availability.
- Orientation: You will receive an invitation to attend orientation. Orientations are held monthly (except for December) on a weekday morning or afternoon. Following orientation, a packet of forms will be provided for you to fill out.
- Interview: After attending orientation, an interview will be scheduled.
- Criminal background check: We will conduct background checks on those 18 years and older; Social Security number is required. Those under 18 years of age are required to submit two letters of recommendation.
- TB Test: Two tests for tuberculosis, given one week apart, are required for new volunteers. Volunteers must return within 48 - 72 hours after the second test to have it read.
If you have any questions about the Volunteer Program at St. Joseph Hospital, please email SJHOrangeVolunteers@stjoe.org.