Preventing the Spread of Germs
We ask you to play an active role in preventing the spread of germs by:
- Be aware that hand hygiene is the best way to prevent the spread of germs. Wash hands for at least 15 seconds.
- Practice good personal hygiene.
- Let your nurse know if your gown or linens are soiled.
- Feel free to remind staff members to wash their hands or wear gloves before examining you or giving you your medicine.
- Ask friends and relatives who have colds, respiratory symptoms or other contagious illnesses not to visit you or anyone in the hospital.
- Get vaccinated, if it is recommended. Flu and pneumonia vaccines can help prevent illnesses, particularly in young children, the elderly and high-risk patients.
- You will notice hand gel conveniently located throughout the hospital. We encourage all patients/visitors to use the hand gel.