The St. Joseph Hospital Public Relations Department is a full-service public relations office dedicated to servicing the media by providing information on healthcare news as it happens at St. Joseph Hospital and around the world.
The Public Relations Department welcomes inquiries from local, regional and national media looking for sources on all healthcare-related topics. Members of the media should call the Public Relations Department with any of the following requests:
- Interview with an expert spokesperson for medical/health news
- Request to videotape or shoot still photography within the hospital
- Seeking information about a news release or event at the hospital
A member of the Public Relations team is available weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Pacific Standard Time, and can be reached by calling (714) 347-7946.
After hours, please call (714) 633-9111 and ask the hospital operator to page the on-call Public Relations representative.
Public Relations Policy
To effectively accommodate media requests on news and events at St. Joseph Hospital, the Public Relations Department established the following guidelines for reporters requesting information or interviews:
- Media must arrange all interviews and photo shoots with St. Joseph Hospital staff or patients in advance through the Public Relations Department.
- To ensure confidentiality, privacy and appropriate sensitivity to patients and families, reporters, film crews, and photographers must always be accompanied by a Public Relations representative while on the St. Joseph Hospital campus.
- Media will be met by a Public Relations representative and escorted to the appropriate location in the hospital.
- No patient information will be released to the media without the written consent of the patient or legal representative.
- Patients who agree to be interviewed or filmed at the hospital by the media must provide written consent to Public Relations.