The St. Joseph Hospital Marketing and Communications Department is dedicated
to servicing the media by providing information on healthcare news as
it happens at St. Joseph Hospital and around the world.
The Marketing and Communications Department welcomes inquiries from local,
regional and national media looking for sources on all health-related
topics. Members of the media should call the Marketing and Communications
Department with any of the following requests:
- Interview with an expert spokesperson for medical/health news
- Request to videotape or shoot still photography within the hospital
- Seeking information about a news release or event at the hospital
A member of the Marketing and Communications team is available weekdays
from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (PST) and can be reached by calling (714) 771-8075.
After hours, please call (714) 633-9111 and ask the hospital operator
to page the on-call marketing and communications representative.
Public Relations Policy
To effectively accommodate media requests on news and events at St. Joseph
Hospital, the Marketing and Communications Department established the
following guidelines for reporters requesting information or interviews:
- Media must arrange all interviews and photo shoots with St. Joseph Hospital
staff or patients in advance through the Marketing and Communications
- To ensure confidentiality, privacy and appropriate sensitivity to patients
and families, reporters, film crews, and photographers must always be
accompanied by a marketing and communications representative while on
the St. Joseph Hospital campus.
- Media will be met by a marketing and communications representative and
escorted to the appropriate location in the hospital.
- No patient information will be released to the media without the written
consent of the patient or legal representative.
- Patients who agree to be interviewed or filmed at the hospital by the media
must provide written consent to Marketing and Communications.