About Our Maternity Program
The goal of the St. Joseph Hospital Maternity Program is to provide your family the highest quality of care in a safe environment that meets the needs of the entire family. We respect your family's uniqueness, and value your family as important members of the healthcare team. We encourage the bonding of your family with your newborn, and welcome participation of siblings and other family members.
Our family-centered approach is evident throughout our comprehensive array of services:
- Online registration for maternity patients.
- A variety of workshops and classes to prepare for a healthy and enjoyable birth
- Labor, Delivery & Recovery Suites, equipped with state-of-the-art medical technology
- Center for Maternal Fetal Health to monitor expectant mothers who may be at risk of early delivery or other complications
- Couplet care on the Mother-Baby Unit, where nurses care for both mother and baby who are staying together
- Bridges for Newborns, linking families to assistance programs that improve the health and welfare of children in Orange County
- Partnership with CHOC Children's our neighbor, for the highest level of neonatal care for infants requiring special medical attention
- Mother Baby Assessment Center, follow-up care within one week of delivery by a registered nurse to ensure both mother and baby are thriving.
- Stork Stop Boutique, offering gift items for the new mother and baby at the Mother-Baby Assessment Center.