Respiratory Services at St. Joseph Hospital aims to reduce symptoms, decrease disability, increase participation in physical activities and improve overall function for patients with respiratory disease and for those following cardiac and lung surgery.
Specially trained Respiratory Therapists on staff at St. Joseph Hospital treat all types of patients, ranging from premature infants to elderly patients. Respiratory Therapists provide temporary relief to patients with chronic asthma or emphysema and give emergency care to patients who are victims of a heart attack, stroke, drowning or shock.
Diagnostic tests include:
- Arterial Blood Gases
- Pulmonary Function Screens
Treatment plans include:
- Education on respiratory procedures
- Disease processes
- Pursed lip breathing techniques
- Posture awareness
- Monitoring of blood pressure
- Pulse, shortness of breath
- Oxygen saturation
Who benefits from the Respiratory Services?
- Lung surgery patients
- Persons who have COPD or other chronic respiratory system diseases
- Interstitial diseases
- Individuals with shortness of breath, cough or increased mucous production
- Those with Neuromuscular diseases
Respiratory Services office are hours: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please call (714) 771-8000, ext. 18287