Respiratory Services at St. Joseph Hospital provides national and state-licensed Respiratory Therapists to meet the breathing or cardiopulmonary needs of our patients. Respiratory Therapists provide temporary relief to patients with chronic asthma or emphysema and provide emergency care to patients who are victims of a heart attack, stroke, drowning or shock.
In addition to excellent basic respiratory therapy, we have staff trained in specialized services to aid in the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of respiratory illnesses such as:
- Inpatient pulmonary diagnostics testing for cardiac and thoracic surgical procedures including:
- Arterial Blood Gases
- Pulmonary Function Screens
Inpatient pulmonary treatment and rehabilitation for cardiac and thoracic surgical procedures
COPD treatment diseases such as cystic fibrosis, bronchitis, asthma, bronchiectasis and emphysema including:
- Smoking cessation
- Deep breathing techniques
- Proper medication devices
- Chest physiotherapy
- Emergency and critical care life support
- Treatment of respiratory disorders such as pneumonia, influenza, tuberculosis and lung cancer
- Education for treatment and equipment at home including:
- Oxygen therapy
- Outpatient lung program
Licenses and Certifications
Our staff includes more than 50 licensed Respiratory Therapists.
- All Respiratory Therapists hold current national and state licensure as Respiratory Care Practitioners.
- All Respiratory Therapists are certified in Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, and Pediatric Advanced Life Support