The St. Joseph Hospital Sleep Disorders Center is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine to provide comprehensive treatment of sleep-related disorders. The Center is designed to evaluate symptoms such as difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, daytime sleepiness or fatigue, snoring, breathing problems in sleep, restless leg syndrome at night, sleep terrors, and other troublesome behaviors associated with sleep.
To provide relief for our patients and to be recognized as a leader in promoting sleeping wellness through evaluation and treatment, sleep disorders education and advocacy.
To diagnose and treat those with sleep disorders by utilizing the latest advances in sleep medicine.
- Dignity - We respect each person as an inherently valuable member of the human community and as a unique expression of life.
- Excellence - We foster personal and professional development, accountability, innovation, teamwork and commitment to quality.
- Service - We bring together people who recognize that every interaction is a unique opportunity to serve one another, the community and society.
- Justice - We advocate for systems and structures that are attuned to needs of the vulnerable and disadvantaged and that promote a sense of community among all persons.
What Makes the St. Joseph Hospital Sleep Disorders Center Unique?
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine accredited diagnostic and treatment facility.
- Multidisciplinary team of professionals, including pulmonary and internal medicine, psychology, otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat), neurology, and cardiology, as well as board-certified sleep specialists.
- Six private, comfortable hotel-like sleep rooms with select comfort beds and dish satellite TV.
- State-of-the-art monitoring center, including the latest in digital polysomnographic diagnostic equipment, infrared remote patient CCTV system, and trending oximetry to measure blood oxygen levels.
- Overnight sleep study appointments available seven nights per week.
- Two American Academy of Sleep Medicine accredited sleep specialists on staff with more than 40 years of combined experience in the field of sleep disorders medicine.
- Each member of the Center's technical staff has graduated from the Orange Coast College Polysomnographic Technology training program. (This is the only accredited two-year college-based training program in this field.)
- Community Sleep Awareness partner with the National Sleep Foundation (NSF) to promote sleep disorders education.