The Center for Cancer Prevention and Treatment
When cancer strikes, patients want their care nearby, provided at a hospital they have come to know and trust. The Center for Cancer Prevention and Treatment at St. Joseph Hospital is the first center of its kind in Orange County, and one of a few such centers in the nation offering convenient access to the latest in prevention, diagnosis, treatment and clinical trials.
World Class Care
In a single, convenient location, patients will find the individualized care that distinguishes St. Joseph Hospital as a leader, including:
- Nurse Navigators to help patients through the continuum of care while providing emotional support, education and access to resources.
- An infusion center with Smart pumps for chemotherapy and transfusions.
- Leading-edge imaging technology, from digital mammography to PET/CT to CT lung screening and breast MRI with Computer Assisted Detection (CAD).
- Advanced targeted radiation therapy including Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) and Stereotactic Radiosurgery.
- Multidisciplinary Center for site-specific clinics and conferences (lung, prostate, etc.).
- Cancer genetic consultations (in affiliation with City of Hope).
- Education Center, Resource Library and Science Gallery with extensive cancer information presented in lay terms.
- Pharmacy and clinical laboratory for ease in patient access and convenience.
- Diverse cancer research including early detection and diagnostic imaging, cancer genetics and innovative treatment modalities and combinations.
- Comforting amenities including a "Place of Hope/Sala de Esperanza", valet parking, cafe and numerous gardens located throughout the center.
- Appearance Center for patients to assist with prostheses, specialized clothing and helpful products for cosmesis and comfort .