The Radiation Oncology Program at The Center for Cancer Prevention and Treatment is an important part of a comprehensive, multidisciplinary cancer center provides innovative care to patients of all ages with cancer-related health issues.
The majority of our treatments are outpatient; however, we also provide inpatient services. We are one of the very few facilities to provide care to the pediatric population, and have a physician that specializes in this field, as well as access to a pediatric anesthesiologist.
Our experienced radiation specialists administer nearly 14,000 radiation treatments each year. Leading-edge technologies are employed by a team of experts who plan and deliver the most effective, least invasive approach to treatment while maximizing patient comfort.
Advanced Therapy, Exceptional Care
- Precise external beam therapy delivered at a speed almost 60 percent faster than conventional linear accelerators
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) mirroring exact tumor shapes allowing higher doses while preserving healthy tissue
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) using 3D imaging to tailor therapy to subtle tumor changes with pinpoint precision
- Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) applying intense radiation with millimeter accuracy for hard to reach tumors with no anesthesia, minimal recovery time and improved patient comfort
- Combined therapy with intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT) delivered in the operating suite for maximum treatment efficiency and control at the tumor site
- High and low dose rate brachytherapy for breast, gynecologic and prostate cancers
A Team Approach To Care
Our Radiation Oncology specialists work together with a team of experts from many areas of medicine to develop a personalized treatment plan that meets each patient's unique medical needs. Personalized treatment plans enhance the patient experience and contribute to improved clinical outcomes.
By combining sophisticated technology and the latest treatment options with a compassionate environment and experienced, caring staff, we care for the whole patient . . . body, mind and spirit.