Infant Security and Visitor Information
A new baby is an exciting time! Family and friends are anxious to visit
and congratulate mom and her support person and see the new baby. While
we share in this excitement, mom's and baby's health and safety
are important to us. For this reason, we ask that you please observe the
following visitor guidelines:
- To ensure a quiet and safe environment for our moms and babies we ask all
visitors to check in with our Visitor Ambassador prior to entering the
patient’s room and check out when leaving. Visitor Ambassadors are
located on the unit as you exit the elevator.
Before delivery: Moms are allowed up to three visitors at a time in the Labor, Delivery
and Recovery (LDR) room. Additional visitors are invited to wait in the
main lobby of the hospital (first floor). We welcome visitors at any time.
After delivery: Moms are allowed up to three visitors at a time in the hospital room on
the Mother-Baby Unit. Additional visitors are welcome to wait in the main
lobby of the hospital. Visitors are welcome from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and
from 4 to 8 p.m. on the Mother-Baby Unit. No visitors are allowed between
the hours of 2-4 p.m. each day. Our new families need rest and quiet time
together. We honor this special need by designating 2-4 p.m. as
- Only siblings of the new baby are permitted on the maternity unit. Please
make sure they are wearing a wristband and with an adult at all times.
- Children who are not siblings of the new baby must be over the age of 12
and must be accompanied by an adult to enter the maternity unit.
- Children under the age of 12 who are not siblings of the new baby must
wait in the main lobby and must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Strollers are not permitted on the unit at any time.
- Visitors may not wear scrubs while on the maternity unit.