Self Balance Test
If you answer yes to one or more questions, speak to your doctor about your risk of falling.
- Have you fallen more than once in the past year?
- Do you take medicine for two or more of the following diseases: heart disease, high blood pressure, arthritis, anxiety or depression?
- Do you feel dizzy or unsteady if you make sudden changes in movement, such as bending down or quickly turning?
- Do you have blackouts or seizures?
- Have you experienced a stroke or other neurological problem that has affected your balance?
- Do you experience numbness or loss of sensation in your legs and/or feet?
- Do you use a walker or wheelchair, or do you need assistance to get around?
- Are you inactive? (Answer yes if you do not participate in a regular form of exercise, such as walking 20-30 minutes at least three times a week.)
- Do you feel unsteady when you are walking or climbing stairs?
- Do you have difficulty sitting down or rising from a seated or lying position?
Self Balance Test provided courtesy of NeuroCom®, a division of Natus