Pelvic Floor Program
Individuals with the following urologic diagnoses can benefit from pelvic floor rehabilitation:
- Stress incontinence
- Urge incontinence
- Mixed urinary incontinence (Stress & Urge)
- Overactive bladder with urinary urgency, frequency and nocturia
- Nocturnal enuresis (bed wetting)
- Fecal incontinence
- Interstitial cystitis
- Pelvic pain: dyspareunia, vulvodynia, vaginismus
- Pelvic prolapse
- Incontinence after cancer and prostatectomy
Our Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation Program provides both men and women with the skills necessary to regain pelvic floor function. We use a systematic approach to improve the strength and function of the muscles that support the organs contained within the pelvis. We offer the comfort option of choosing between a male and female therapist. Pelvic floor muscles can be strengthened using one or a number of techniques such as exercises, manual techniques, electrical stimulation, pain modalities and biofeedback.
Click here for a Pelvic Floor/ Incontinence Screening Tool.