The St. Joseph Hospital Sleep Disorders Center is accredited by the American
Academy of Sleep Medicine to provide comprehensive treatment of sleep-related
disorders. The Center is designed to evaluate symptoms such as difficulty
falling asleep or staying asleep, daytime sleepiness or fatigue, snoring,
breathing problems in sleep, restless leg syndrome at night, sleep terrors,
and other troublesome behaviors associated with sleep.
To provide relief for our patients and to be recognized as a leader in
promoting sleeping wellness through evaluation and treatment, sleep disorders
education and advocacy.
To diagnose and treat those with sleep disorders by utilizing the latest
advances in sleep medicine.
What Makes the St. Joseph Hospital Sleep Disorders Center Unique?
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine accredited diagnostic and treatment facility.
- Multidisciplinary team of professionals, including pulmonary and internal
medicine, psychology, otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat), neurology,
and cardiology, as well as board-certified sleep specialists.
- Six private, comfortable hotel-like sleep rooms with select comfort beds
and dish satellite TV.
- State-of-the-art monitoring center, including the latest in digital polysomnographic
diagnostic equipment, infrared remote patient CCTV system, and trending
oximetry to measure blood oxygen levels.
- Overnight sleep study appointments available seven nights per week.
- Two American Academy of Sleep Medicine accredited sleep specialists on
staff with more than 40 years of combined experience in the field of sleep
- Each member of the Center's technical staff has graduated from the
Orange Coast College Polysomnographic Technology training program. (This
is the only accredited two-year college-based training program in this field.)
- Community Sleep Awareness partner with the National Sleep Foundation (NSF)
to promote sleep disorders education.