Cancer Wellness Program
Living Well, Being Well; A Lifestyle for Cancer
At the Cancer Wellness Program at the Center for Cancer Prevention and
Treatment, bridging the gap to wellness is an important part of the comprehensive
cancer care continuum. Our team of wellness and exercise specialists are
passionate about improving and sustaining the health and well-being of
our patients as they begin the post treatment phase of their survivorship.
The Cancer Wellness Program addresses
“Four Pillars of Wellness” and their relationship to cancer.
The program is designed to promote the health and well-being of patients
with cancer who have completed active cancer treatment or are receiving
Each Specialty is designed is intended to help
- Reduce the risk of developing another cancer
- Decrease the chance of recurrance
- Increase survival rates and improve quality of life
|Bridging the Gap to Wellness
The wellness team is committed to help our patient's transition from
a focus on cancer treatment to engaging in lifestyle activities that lead
to a well-balanced, healthy and vibrant life.
Cancer Wellness Navigator provides:
- One-to-One patient consultations and *bio-metric assessment addressing
all four pillars of wellness.
- Individualized wellness plan that is sustainable and improves overall health
- Guidance through weekly individual and group aerobic, core strength and
interval circuit exercise sessions.
- Bimonthly "well-check" sessions to encourage and support health
nutritional choices, positive lifestyle changes, mindfulness meditation
and relaxation practices.
- Creative and expressive mindful art programs and educational community
Additional Group Exercise classes facilitated by the Cancer Rehabilitation
Team includes Yogalates (Yoga/Pilates), Dance, Synergy (Toning, Balance
& Stretch) and Chair Aerobics.
Group Exercise Class Schedule
Using validated outcome tools participant's progress is measured at
the initial wellness assessment and quarterly thereafter to evaluate the
effectiveness of the program.
The Cancer Wellness Program in the Wellness Studio and Gym located on the
garden level of the Center for Cancer Prevention and Treatment. For more
Information or to schedule an appointment please call, Cancer Wellness
Navigator Janni Buaiz, MS, CWS, CHC, at (714) 734-6230 or email